American University of Integrative Sciences of Barbados welcomes applicants of all races, nationalities, religion, age, and gender who are committed to sharing the vision of the university, and are committed to the dedication and time necessary for the practice of medicine.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in biological or health sciences discipline.
- Students should have completed a minimum of 90 semester credits (135 quarter credits) of undergraduate studies, with specific pre-medical requirements or their equivalents, from an accredited college or university with a competitive GPA.
- Required undergraduate coursework needs to have been completed within past 4 years. Includes:
- General Biology I and II w/Labs;
- Physics I and II w/Labs;
- Inorganic and Organic Chemistry I and II w/Labs and
- College Math.
- International Students:
- British Educational System: Applicants must have completed all educational requirements up to the General Certificate of Education (GCE) "A" Level (Grades A-C) in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics
- South East Asia: 10+2 with high scores (80%), IB diploma completion, ISCE or CBSE examinations
- CARICOM countries: Five CXC/CSEC (Grades I-III) and Three 2-unit CAPE of which two must be in Biology and Chemistry(May be placed in some Pre-med courses during semester 1)
Exceptions to the required coursework would be considered on an individual basis
Students are encouraged to apply with a broad range of study areas of human biology and humanities studies to supplement their prerequisite knowledge.
Students applying into the BMSc or 5 Year MD program must have satisfied the following minimum criteria.
North American Education Model:
- Applicants must have completed 12 years of primary and secondary school education. Advanced credit, with 3 AP (advanced placement) courses or 1 semester of college sciences.
British Education Model:
- Applicants must have completed all educational requirements up to the General Certificate of Education (GCE) "O" Level (Grades A-C)
All Other International Education Models:
- Applicants must meet their nation’s equivalent of the above models
South East Asia: 10+2 with high scores (80%), IB diploma completion, ISCE or CBSE examinations
CARICOM countries: Five CXC/CSEC (Grades I-III) and Three 2-unit CAPE of which two must be in Biology and Chemistry.
International applicants, or those who have taken undergraduate courses in a language other than English will be required to have their academic transcripts or degree evaluated by a NACES approved credentialing evaluator.
A list of these agencies can be found at http://www.naces.org/members.html.
All international applicants must also demonstrate proficiency in the English language, by submitting results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Students must be able to satisfy the entry criteria for Barbados immigration to apply for the program.
Students from outside of the US, EU, Canada and certain other countries may require a visa and landing permit prior to arrival, and should anticipate about 8 weeks of processing time.