AUIS is excited to to begin accepting international applicants in January 2018. We have a rigorous 4 or 5 year medical doctor degree that aligns well with students educated from the following regions:
- Middle East, North and West Africa, and South Africa
- Caribbean, CARICOM
- Australia and New Zealand
What will it take to qualify for the 5 year program?
British Education Model:
- Applicants must have completed all educational requirements up to the General Certificate of Education (GCE) "O" Level (Grades A-C) in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics. AS Year is encouraged. IB Diploma also considered for application.
South East Asia:
- 10+2 with high scores (80%), IB diploma completion, ISCE or CBSE examinations
CARICOM countries: Five CXC/CSEC (Grades I-III). CAPE in Biology or Chemistry preferred
All Other International Education Models:
Applicants must meet their nation’s equivalent of the above models
What to Expect at AUIS
- Graduates match at residency programs in the USA and Canada
- Training MD's since 1999 with over 1000 Graduates practicing
- 2 Years Basic Science in Beautiful Barbados, low cost of living
- 2 Years Clinical Science Rotations in US, UK or Canadian Hospitals
- Low tuition fees, Great locations and Powerful teaching methods
- United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) High Pass Rates
- You can sit the US USMLE or Canada MCCEE or UK PLUB Exam
- We have Total Student Care, Welfare and Support in their Studies, housing, food, transport, and leisure
What are the Fee's?
The total cost of the 5 year program is $135,300 USD. This can be paid semesterly in installments. This includes all tuition and most fee's. Please be aware of additional fee's associated with immigration and visa requirements. Course information can be found in our catalog.