Professor of Behavioral Sciences position
The AUIS Department of Basic Sciences invites applications for the part time position of Professor of Behavioral Sciences starting in September 2018. This is a permanent faculty position.
- MD or PhD degree or their equivalents (holders of both MD and PhD degrees are particularly encouraged to apply. Doctorates should be held in the areas of psychiatry, clinical psychology or a related field;
- Demonstrated excellence, originality and productivity in teaching within a US, Canadian or Caribbean graduate or medical curriculum setting.
- Barbadian and CARICOM nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Candidates with an interest in also teaching Epidemiology and Public Health are especially encouraged to apply.
We are particularly interested in candidates who will contribute to diversity, excellence, and equal opportunity in higher education at AUIS through their teaching, professionalism and service. The ability to contribute significantly to curriculum development, active learning and the mentoring of students is highly desirable.
Appointment and compensation:
- Depending on teaching experience and qualifications, appointment shall be made at the Assistant Professor (1-3 years), Associate Professor (3-5 years) or Professor (6 or more years) level. Salary offered is commensurate with experience. An attractive benefits package including access private health insurance is also offered.
How to apply: