- The World Health Organization lists AUIS on the World Directory of Medical Schools
- AUIS students are eligible to sit for the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) given under the direction of the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- As of October 2018, AUIS has undergone 2 site visits by the BAC, Barbados Accreditation Council.
- Barbados Accreditation Council Certificate can be found here.
- As of June 2018, AUIS has submitted all required paperwork for a CAAM-HP official accrediting visit
- AUIS is listed in the Europa World Book of Learning
- AUIS is Chartered on the island of Sint Maarten
- AUIS is Chartered on the island of Barbados (view charter here)
- AUIS Graduates are eligible to participate in the National Residency Match Program (NRMP) and the Canadian Resident Matching Service (CaRMS)