At present, there is no requirement for an entrance examination. For students from North America, a very good Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) score, if available, may provide an applicant an added advantage in the selection process.
4-Year MD Degree Program
Premedical requirements for admission into the 4-year MD degree program normally include University or College-level courses as follows or “A” Level GCE/CAPE work in 3 science subjects:
- One academic year (2 semesters) of General Biology or Zoology
- One academic year of General or Inorganic Chemistry and one academic year of Organic Chemistry
- One academic year of Physics
- One academic year of English
- One academic year of Mathematics or Calculus
- A broad background in liberal arts or social sciences
Students with A or CAPE level work may require an additional semester of science education in Organic Chemistry or Anatomy.
5-Year MD Degree Program
Students or applicants who do not possess the premedical prerequisites for admission into the 4-Year MD degree program highlighted above are encouraged to apply for admission into the 5-Year MD degree program of American University of Integrative Sciences School of Medicine. Such applicants must possess a high school or secondary school diploma or certificate with high marks and credits in science subjects (i.e., chemistry, biology, and physics), mathematics or calculus, and English. All international applicants must be 16 years of age at the time of entry into our program.
For international applicants looking at our 5 year program, we look for:
- British system: GCE “O” Level with Grades A-C
- Southeast Asia:10+2 with minimum 80% (Some applicants will qualify for a reduced class load in year 1)
- Caribbean: CXC/CSEC Grades I-III
AUIS looks for a minimum of 5 subjects passed, with preference given for students with 6 or more. Depending on your educational background, AUIS makes has a flexible initial 2 years of study for a student to accelerate or decelerate the pace of study.